health-beverage.com – Happy weekend all! I’m on call this weekend and covering our inpatient service – which means I round on any consults who are in the hospital and then see any new consults throughout the weekend! It’s a little crazy since I cover 3 hospitals but always makes for some incredible learning – my last weekend on call I saw a 3 day old baby in the NICU who likely had epidermolysis bullosa, a patient with a crazy urticarial drug eruption in the ED, a patient who I got called in the middle of the night about for a full-body “vasculitis” that ended up being a CRAZY case of scabies, and a couple of other not-so-exciting consults (dyshidrotic eczema seems to be a favorite consult as of late lol). I’m torn this weekend between hoping for a really quiet weekend (the entire house is recovering from a bad cold this week) but then also wanting some cool cases so we can help some patients!
In the meantime wanted to share 5 fun links for your weekend and week ahead!
1) Apple pie cookies. Need I say more? This recipe looks SO easy and I know Liv (or any toddler… or grown adult… or just some being that needs to eat) would love putting them together!
2) We’re planning a pretty big family trip soon (can’t wait to share more details) and I’ve been eyeing a few good travel purchases. This gorgeous wrap just went on sale for 30% off and I might have to snag it! For nursing mamas it’s the perfect cover up, and for everyone else it’s the best to travel with on the plane and have something to cozy up with!
3) I shared this with my students earlier in the week, but I’m absolutely loving this desktop background by Pretty Darn Cute. I have it set as the wallpaper on my iPad and love how motivated and happy it makes me when I see it!
4) Baby Toms are just about the cutest thing ever. I found an old pair of Liv’s red ones and immediately felt like I had to buy a pair for Elli and her chunky little legs! How adorable is baby Reese in hers? I’m thinking I’ll pick up a fall shade like ash or navy.
5) This is the last weekend my E-course will be available and then enrollment will be closing again! I’ll be hosting an hour long (or longer depending on how much fun we have) webinar next week for all enrolled students answering all of your questions in real time, you don’t want to miss it!
1. Classic watch – you guys know I wear my Daniel Wellington everyday. I have multiple different color straps (black, dark brown, and this lighter brown/cognac color). For the last month I have only been wearing this color and find it really goes with everything! And right now it’s only $ 100!
2. Comfortable carry-all bag in a new neutral – I’m a sucker for neutrals, but sometimes it’s fun to change it up a bit and a deep olive green is the perfect neutral for fall! I love the thick strap on this bag that makes for comfortable carrying.
3. Simple patterned scarf – the scarves come out in fall! And this one doesn’t disappoint, in a simple color pattern with enough fun to spice up any outfit.
4. Over the knee boots – these were HUGE last fall and aren’t going anywhere this season! I’m about to pull the trigger on these babies – you seriously cannot beat the price at only $ 136! They also come in black and a light grey as well. Classic riding boots (not pictured) are also coming back out for the fall, and these ones are currently my favorite!
5. Cozy sweaters – these dominate the colder temperature closet, and I love ones that can be worn dressed up for work or down for the weekend – and all of these fit the bill. Included here are my picks for chunky sweater, turtleneck, and crewneck.
health-beverage.com – Ok super quick post just to share a deal I just found today – N picked up this handheld vacuum about 2 years ago and I remember being annoyed thinking he wasted his money (we needed a real vacuum, not a little dinky one) – and while I still fully believe in the power of a “real” vacuum, this baby should not be underestimated. This is quite possibly our most-used household item – with kids (and who am I kidding, a husband) there are always little spills in the most convenient or inconvenient of places. This sucker has picked it all up and then some – it’s great for getting stuff that has accumulated behind couch cushions and in the car, and when Liv decides she wants to pour the sugar herself. Anyway, not even sponsored, just sharing the love because this little baby really has been one of our greatest purchases and it’s nearly 50% off today only! I just bought a second one