This post was written by a blog reader, Nike Adisa.
Keeping make-up fresh all day requires the right products and knowledge of application techniques.
The following tips are helpful;
1. Make Use Of Primer – The primer is an additional layer between the skin and make up foundation which helps to enhance the skin and minimize fine lines. With a primer, your make-up lasts all day without melting or streaking.
– Spread it evenly all over your face and allow to dry. Then, proceed with your foundation and rest of your normal make-up application.
– Apply an eye primer on your eyelid before applying your eye shadow and liner. The eye primer keeps your shadows in place when your eyes get moist or teary.
– Use a lip primer on bare lips before applying lipstick or gloss. Lip Primers dull colours slightly and makes them last longer.
2. Minimise Oil – Dont pile on makeup, rather keep it light.Some ladies do this to cover up blemish skin. Always use a gentle cleanser and an oil free moisturiser before applying your make up.
– Absorb excess oil with wipes: lf you have an oily skin, you can make use of facial wipes or blotting tissues. Before applying a fresh coat of powder, gently dab at the oily spots on your face until your face is oil free.
– Wash your face with an appropriate cleanser and follow up with a toner. This will help keep your pores from producing excess oil.
– Apply an oil free concealer on top of the tinted moisturiser.If you are using an oil-free foundation, apply it before concealer.
– Use waterproof mascara if you plan on going outdoors for longer lengths of time or if you are swimming.
– Apply oil – Free loose powder with a large brush all over your face. This will help keep your base and make up in place.
– Keep shine – Use controlling tools, such as oil-blotting sheets, on hand. Apply lightly against your face throughout the day. These removes oil without disturbing your makeup.
3. Learn To Sweat Proof
– Apply two pumps of moisturiser to your face, including your neck area.
– Set your hair dryer to the cool setting. Lightly blow dry your face to help your moisturiser absorb and set into your skin.you Will only need to do this for a couple of second.
– Apply the rest of your makeup but skip mascara.
– Sprinkle some loose face powder onto a tissue. Pick up some of the powder with the large powder brush. Lightly brush this powder over your face to set your make-up.
– Use waterproof mascara to finish your look.